The eRacks/OPTERNATOR32 is an
AMD® Opteron 8-core 6200-series dual processor system in a 1U chassis. It has
three hot-swap SATA3 hard drives and supports both 32- and 64-bit Operating Systems.
Magny-Cours is the name of AMD's new processor design of two 346-mm˛ dies totaling 1.808 billion transistors in a single CPU package.
AMD has also implemented deeper sleep states, support for low voltage memory modules, and improved monitoring systems to keep power usage in check.
The OPTERNATOR series of systems are well-suited for key applications including virtualization, databases, and HPC installations.
eRacks can also install and configure your system. Contact us or simply write in your
request in the Notes field of your order. For orders with over 64 GB memory, please call for special pricing.
Other chassis/motherboard/processor configurations are possible. Email or call eRacks for a custom quote.
The standard hardware configuration includes:
· 1U-height Chassis, 28.2 in depth (716mm)
· 1400W High-efficiency Power Supply
· 3 Removable Hot-swap SATA3 Hard Drives
· Dual AMD Opteron 61/6200-series Socket G34 motherboard
· Onboard Dual-port GbE, 4x USB 2.0, 1 x IPMI 2.0
· AMD chipset SR5690 + SP5100
· 2 x AMD 8-core 6200-series CPUs
· 16 DIMMs, DDR3 ECC/REG 1333/1066/800 SDRAM, up to 256GB
· 2x full-height PCI-e Gen 2.0 x 16 slots, 1 x low-profile PCI-e x8 Gen 2.0 in x16
· Slim Optical drive
· Ubuntu Linux Server plus Ubuntu
Advantage Essential 1 yr, or other open source OS