The eRacks/OPTERNATOR64 is an
AMD® Opteron 12-core / 16-core 6200-series Quad processor system in a 1U or 2U chassis. It has
six hot-swap SATA3 / SAS hard drives and supports both 32- and 64-bit Operating Systems.
AMD writes: "The industry's only 8- and 12-core server processors performing at up to two times the level of AMD's previous generation 6-core processors,
including an 88 percent increase in integer performance and a 119 percent increase in floating point performance."
AMD has also implemented deeper sleep states, support for low voltage memory modules, and improved monitoring systems to keep power usage in check.
The OPTERNATOR series of systems are well-suited for key applications including virtualization, databases, and HPC installations.
eRacks can also install and configure your system. Contact us or simply write in your
request in the Notes field of your order. For orders with over 64 GB memory, please call for special pricing.
Other chassis/motherboard/processor configurations are possible. Email or call eRacks for a custom quote.
The default hardware configuration includes:
· 2U-height Chassis, 27.9 in depth (716mm)
· 1400W High-efficiency Redundant Power Supply (1U chassis option available)
· 6 Hot-swap SATA3 / SSD Hard Drive Bays
· Quad AMD Opteron 6200-series 12/16-core Socket G34 motherboard
· Onboard Dual-port GbE, 4x USB 2.0, 1 x IPMI 2.0
· AMD SR5690/SR5670/SP5100 Chipset
· 4 x AMD 12-core 6200-series CPUs
· 32 DIMMs, DDR3 ECC/REG 1333/1066/800 SDRAM, up to 512GB
· 2 x PCI-e Gen 2.0 x16 slot,
1 x PCI-e Gen 2.0 x8 slot,
1 x UIO or x8 slot
· Slim Optical Bay
· Ubuntu Linux Server plus Ubuntu
Advantage Essential 1 yr, or other open source OS